My name is Natalie Leung. Before I started working remotely I lived in Hong Kong as a freelancer, working as Sales Manager in the Art world.
- What did you like the best about the working and living conditions?
Low taxes (around 12%) and the ability to earn and save money.
- What did you dislike about working and living there?
The predominantly corporate culture, lack of creativity, entrepreneurship, and innovation.
- What did you hate the most about it?
I could not see myself as part of that world any longer.
- What would you have loved to know before you started working remotely?
How to make a side income. How to make your savings last longer. How to access information, forums, and resources about living and working remotely.
By the way, I recently discovered the Youtuber Jean Voronkova and I've been poring through all of her content – about financial freedom and FIRE, side incomes, and the reality of living in Bali.
- Where, how, and what do you work today?
Unemployed in Hong Kong, but I am planning to return to Bali in 2023.
- What do you love about it?
Freedom, the ability to meet new people through different communities like VATA Runners!